Send packets from userspace program to kernel interface

François aifsair at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 05:39:33 EDT 2016

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 11:30:56PM -0700, Bhaskar Upadhyayula wrote:
> Hello All,

Hi!

> A colleague suggested looking at Tuntap interfaces. I did a quick
> research and it did not appear that can be done.
>
> Any suggestions or pointers for further reading will be very
> helpful.

I also think tun/tap will do the work you need.
I did not properly understand what exactly you want to achieve.
Anyway, have a look on that tutorial on tun/tap [1]. It's a great
overview of what you can do with this facility.

[1] http://backreference.org/2010/03/26/tuntap-interface-tutorial/

Best regards,
François