one more new Bie

Saket Sinha saket.sinha89 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 13:10:08 EDT 2016

> I am also kernel newbie, I started Eucalyptula challenge challenge 4
> months back, till now I have completed 4 tasks and submitted result for 5th
> task two months back, till now I have not received any response from little.
>
> So during this time I wanted occupy with other kernel stuff, can please
> share how to proceed with "TODOs in the staging area drive" you mentioned
> below.It will be more helpful for me and other newbies to involve in kernel
> development activity.
>
> Thanks&regards,
> Madhu

Hi,

The ideal way to start is to write some basic kernel drivers. Look for the
tutorial at the following links -

1. Linux Device Drivers 3 examples updated to work in recent kernels
http://examples.oreilly.com/9780596005900/
2. http://opensourceforu.com/author/anil-kumar-pugalia/page/3/

Once you are done and want to pick up a real task -

1. Try to implement a TODO in staging area drivers -

http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/drivers/staging/

Most of these folders have a TODO file and maintainer info.

2. Sign up for a coverity account and join the Linux project.

https://scan.coverity.com/

You would get regular Coverity scans of kernel. You can fix  one of these
get started.

 Heh... it's called the eudyptula challenge, not the eucalyptus challenge.
Also,

> please don't top-post.

Sorry for top-posting and the typo.

Regards,