single, comprehensive kernel data types document?

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Apr 21 23:02:32 EDT 2016

On Fri, 22 Apr 2016 11:37:13 +0900, Greg KH said:

> As Josh says, this is fine, you just "burn" 4 bytes,

Are there stil any platforms left where that matters?  Sure, when I started
coding, an HP2114 had all of 8K of RAM, so wasting 4 bytes mattered.  But I
don't know of anything that will boot Linux and is still so storaged
constrained that we care.  Heck, even my fairly old wireless router has 128M
of RAM on it - and even THERE the 8M of flash is a bigger constraint :)