Unable to get stmmac driver of Altera Cyclone V to support MTU9000

Teoh Choon Zone choon-zone.teoh at vie.com.my
Tue Sep 22 11:49:18 EDT 2015

According to the technical reference manual, Cyclone V does support jumbo
frame up to 9.6KB, which I read as it will support MTU up to 9000. But I
couldn't get it to work properly with MTU9000.

I define working as in I can ping with a packet size of 9000 bytes, e.g
"ping <host> -s 9000", the ping process just won't start when I set the MTU
anything larger then 8144. FYI, tx is running in store-and-forward mode and
rx is running in threshold mode.

Anyone know how I can tweak the stmmac driver to support MTU9000?