Two questions

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Wed Oct 28 16:21:35 EDT 2015

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 04:14:19PM +0000, Anuz Pratap Singh Tomar wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 4:08 PM, Albino B Neto <bino at bino.us> wrote:

>     chambilkethakur at gmail.com>:
>     > 1. Is this book still relevant?
>     > Linux Kernel in Nutshell by GKH
>     > http://www.kroah.com/lkn/
>
>     Yes. You read here also [0].
>
>     0 - https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/
>

> Thanks, I am aware of documentation. My question was wrt the changing nature of
> kernel and book has not been changed for quite few years now.

It's a bit out of date, yes, but the core ideas should still be mostly
the same.

>     > 2. Which is the official mailing list discussion on staging tree/driver?
>
>     Mailing[1] of Linux.
>
>     1 - http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html
>

> I have searched for a bit before asking the question. Which particular one is
> for staging tree/driver?
> As quick Ctrl+f with staging yields no results.

The MAINTAINERS file will contain that information, and you can, and
should, use the scripts/get_maintainer.pl script on a patch or a file to
find out where to send it to, including the proper mailing list.

good luck!

greg k-h