efficient way to verify one memory block is only readable?

mudongliang mudongliangabcd at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 03:21:10 EDT 2015

When I did some experiments about vtable, and modified the virtual
method address myself,
I found error report : "Segment fault". When I see the /proc/self/maps,
vtable is in the readonly text segment.
I almost forget the fact that vtables have been stored in readonly segment.

So I have a question : how to effectively verify one memory block is
only readable or writable?
I think it's not efficient to check all the parts in /proc/maps.
Does anyone have another efficient way to do this verification?

Thanks in advance.
     - mudongliang