Unset LOCKDEP and TRACE_IRQFLAGS_SUPPORT

Gilles Chanteperdrix gilles.chanteperdrix at xenomai.org
Mon Oct 5 03:07:02 EDT 2015

On Mon, Oct 05, 2015 at 02:24:17PM +1300, vibnwis wrote:

> > I did not say you were an idiot.
>
> I said I was unable to communicate
> > with you. Anybody can read the xenomai mailing list thread, and see
> > that I was answering your mails, and your answers showed that you
> > had not understood my answers. Over and over again.
> >

> i did not say you said i was an idiot as well. I said i was treated like an
> "idiot" for assuming i was not able to follow through. Having said that all
> your links were not able to resolve the issues. Confidently and yet
> impatiently you provided the links thinking of it would be the resolutions,
> would it over confident? Over and over again, you links and suggestions
> don't work.
>
> You blame me for the issues because i do not comprehend you comments.
> Really! Now you confirm that it is your fault for not incorporating the
> patch months ago.

Saying that it is my fault for not incorporating the patch months
ago was an over-simplification. More work is needed than simply
incorporating the patch. Please read the mailing list archives if
you want the full story.

> If you ever have some self-awareness, humbly look into
> your part, you would have realise it. in addition, you would probably being
> grateful to me for testing, and alerting your the faults you had
> committed.

I was well aware of the TRACE_IRQFLAGS issue, and in fact, you could
have been too, if you had done what is usually recommended and
browsed the mailing list archives.

> As for my part, not filling ashamed of my limited knowledge, i tried my
> best to get LOCKDEP and TRACE_IRQFLAGS_SUPPORT disable. Yet,  i couldn't
> and hence, tried my luck here in kernelbies. The results say my logic was
> right.

Going to kernelnewbies was the good solution. Our resources are
limited, we do not have time to teach every newbie you to
enable/disable an option in the kernel configuration.

> Last but not least, i wonder why this discussion would end in such nature?
> my guess, no one is perfect, respecting others and their differences and
> being patient are the key.

I have been very patient, but when someone seems not to follow
simple answers he is given, he looses credit and answering him
becomes less urgent.

The problem is that it would seem you have not understood how a free
software project support mailing list works. Our resources are
limited, for my part, I answer during my work, so 5 or 6 mails a day
is not a problem, more than that I have to stop answering and answer
when coming back from work. So, when someone on a free software
project support mailing list gives you answer, you have to try and
understand. If you do not understand the answer, just say so, and do
not ignore it, trying things at random, and post more mails, wasting
his time, and loosing credit. When a mail is not answered, wait a
day or two before asking more questions, to give time to people
doing the support answer you. Two last URL:

http://xenomai.org/asking-for-help/

--
					    Gilles.
https://click-hack.org