Raw Sockets + Userland TCP Kernel Resetting Packet

michi1 at michaelblizek.twilightparadox.com michi1 at michaelblizek.twilightparadox.com
Wed Nov 25 11:25:16 EST 2015

Hi!

On 10:57 Wed 25 Nov     , Bradley Falzon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm writing a program to assist in learning/debugging tcp stacks, it
> creates a raw socket and replicates an exceedingly simple tcp stack. By
> which I mean, it sends and receives packets, setting correct flags,
> payloads etc.
>
> One difficulty I've come across, after I've created a raw socket and sent
> my syn packet, when the syn+ack packet arrives from the peer, my program
> receives it fine - but the kernel also resets the connection.

You might be able to use the tun/tap device. It basically creates a network
interface with a file descriptor of your program being the other side of it.
See Documentation/networking/tuntap.txt (in the kernel source) for more
details.

Is this an option for you?

	-Michi
--
programing a layer 3+4 network protocol for mesh networks
see http://michaelblizek.twilightparadox.com