How to read last oops message in Android kernel

Umair Khan omerjerk at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 06:43:11 EST 2015

Hi,

I'm working on the kernel of my xiaomi device. However, whenever I start
it, it soft reboots to recovery.
I'm guessing a kernel oops occur.
I wanted to ask how to read kernel debug messages of the last run ?
In my Nexus 5, I have /proc/last_kmsg which contains the messages from the
last run.

However, in my xiaomi kernel tree, that proc entry is removed.
Responsible commit -
https://github.com/omerjerk/android_kernel_xiaomi_ferrari/commit/15d76446205710ddfcba6cc9156c7883074f84b1

It says that functionality has been moved to pstore.
But I'm not able to get how to exactly read the debug messages of the last
run.

Thanks
Umair