Mentor

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Nov 2 11:33:01 EST 2015

On Mon, 02 Nov 2015 21:29:56 +0530, Ranjith T said:

> I am Ranjith from India and I would like to contribute something for
> linux kernel. But I really don't know from where I have to start.

Step 0:  Decide *why* you want to contribute code.

Step 1:  Pick a particular part of the code that interests *you*.  If somebody
suggests (for instance) filesystems, but you aren't interested in them, the
result *will* be bad code.

(For example, most of what I do is just build and run a new linux-next kernel
every week or so, and report or fix anything that breaks on my Dell laptop)