How to disable "module verification failed: signature and/or required key missing - tainting kernel" message?

Nan Xiao xiaonan830818 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 00:57:10 EST 2015

Hi all,

When the vendor Linux system enable "kernel module signature
verification" mechanism,
if install your own built module, the kernel will complain:

    module verification failed: signature and/or required key missing
- tainting kernel

After referring this post on
SO(http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24975377/kvm-module-verification-failed-signature-and-or-required-key-missing-taintin),
I add "CONFIG_MODULE_SIG=n" at the beginning of Makefile, and rebuild
the module.

But I find this configuration option doesn't take effect, and "module
verification failed: signature
and/or required key missing - tainting kernel" message still occurs
when first loading the module.
Per my understanding, this message shouldn't occur anytime.

Could anyone give some clues on this issue? Thanks in advance!

Best Regards
Nan Xiao