Packet encryption based on gre key value with ip xfrm command

Harsh Jain harshjain.prof at gmail.com
Sun May 31 16:27:17 EDT 2015

Hi,

I am trying to encrypt Gre packet have specific key values in GRE
header with following command

ip xfrm policy add src 192.168.1.9 dst 192.168.1.5 proto gre key 3 dir
in tmpl src 192.168.1.9 dst 192.168.1.5 proto esp reqid 16387 mode
transport

But it is not working. If I remove the "key 3" from above system
encrypt all GRE packets.

I tried with kernel version 3.18 and iproute2 version.2.4.

 I got iproute2 patch file having changes to support filtering based
on keys but didn't find corresponding kernel patch.
How to encrypt Packets based on GRE key value.?

Regards
Harsh Jain