Stop usbhid from claiming usb device on hotplug

Armin Moradi amoradi at fedoraproject.org
Sat May 30 04:07:08 EDT 2015

>> > I'm just learning about device drivers, so I'm writing a dummy usb
>> > device driver. I've pasted the code here (I hope the formatting is
>> > correct):
>>
>> This was for a challenge that doesn't want you to ask in public, sorry,
>> I'm not going to answer it.
>>
>> best of luck,
>>
>> greg k-h

Right. I'm already kicked from the challenge (my bad :( ), but I still
wanted to know how this may be possible. Though, it's probably not a
good idea to talk about this as others may be doing the challenge.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

> I think it is a part of eudyptula challenge and if it is so, just make sure
> that is it asking for probing or just for dynamic loading.

The challenge asked for userspace dynamic *loading* on hotplug which I
had done, but while I was reading LDD 3rd ed., I also wanted to get
probing to work which is done after the driver is already loaded.
That's when I found out only one driver can claim a device and wanted
to see if it were possible to change which driver binds which device
at runtime without reloading usbhid or changing the order which
modules are loaded.

Thanks,
--
Armin Moradi