signing kernel modules on RHEL 7

Saumendra Dash saumendra.d at hcl.com
Wed May 20 09:04:15 EDT 2015

>I have compiled kernel module on RHEL7 but when I insert the module, I got following warning

>"module verification failed: signature and/or required key missing - tainting kernel".

>I tried signing the module on custom kernel and find it working.
>How can we sign the module for a target system with standard RHEL distribution?
>where can we find keys for signing the module on standard kernel?

The kernel module signature verification has been enabled for your system, which is giving warnings while  loading modules that has not signed by the vendor.
Not a big problem though...

Try to compile with the following flags off during menuconfig:
- CONFIG_MODULE_SIG
- CONFIG_MODULE_SIG_ALL

Hope it helps.

Thanks,