Problem building kernel 4.0 with gcc5 Werror

Victor Rodriguez vm.rod25 at gmail.com
Sat May 9 19:28:02 EDT 2015

Hi everyone

I am trying to build the kernel 4.0 with gcc 5 . But I found the
following problem :

builtin-report.c comparison of constant ‘-1’ with boolean expression
is always false

THe problem is that gcc5 has new warnings:

A new command-line option -Wbool-compare has been added for the C and
C++ compilers, which warns about boolean expressions compared with an
integer value different from true/false.
https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-5/changes.html

I was checking the Makefile of tools/perf/ anda aprently they became
every warning into an error. Werror

Now I wonder if someone is working on this changes so I can take their pathces.

Do you know any easy way that GCC use to avoid this kind of problems

All the help is more than welcome

Regards

Victor Rodriguez