Appropriate method of io remapping a single memory location?

maitysanchayan at gmail.com maitysanchayan at gmail.com
Tue May 5 06:18:47 EDT 2015

Hello,

I am adding a small piece of code to expose SoC specific information
while following the below information, for a Cortex A5 platform.

https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-devices-soc

For the SoC device attribute revision, I need to access a location 0x80
for reading the ROM revision information. I am kinda stuck at trying to
find the appropriate way to read this location.

The devm_ioremap* functions take a device pointer which I can manage but
they also need a struct resource argument and devm_ioremap requries a
resource_size_t as well. Having only a specific location to read,
without having any struct resource what would be the appropriate way to
get this information.

- Sanchayan.