Raw binary Image of linux

victorascroft at gmail.com victorascroft at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 11:31:15 EDT 2015

Hello,

On 15-03-09 11:20:55, chirag garg wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to the linux kernel source code. I want to compile linux source
> code for imx6 ARM based platform.
> I want to generate  raw binary image (.bin file) and .dtb file. Can any one
> help me in this.?

Which iMX6 platform is this? Depending on the platform, it would be as
simple as doing make imx_v6_v7_defconfig and then using the correct dtb
for the platform. Boards like Nitrogen, Sabre or Wandaboard should boot
easily with the recent kernels.

Do you have a custom board or one of those easily available development
platforms?

- Regards,
Sanchayan..