I want to remove my current kernel after upgradtion of new kernel

Anurudh Tiwari anurudhtripathi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 06:42:44 EST 2015

Hi,

   I am upgrading my machine with new version of os which have newer
version of the kernel.
I have to remove my current kernel(which is going to be old kernel in next
reboot) after up-gradation because i don't want to get prompt to choose the
kernel at booting time.

I tried few methods:
   1 . Try to remove using command ( sudo apt-get purge uname -r )
    -- but after it gives a pop up (dialog box) to select yes or no.(But i
don't to do that because system is automated, user should not interact with
system).

My intention is remove to old kernel at very first time when it reboot(so
no prompt will show to select the kernel by grub)..

Please if you have any best solution for this. please share.

Thanks
Anurudh