Guidance about minimal configurations for kernel compilation

Mayur Patil linuxcraz23 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 12:15:07 EDT 2015

Hi All,

    I am struggling to build *small size with minimum time for kernel *

*compilation* with vanilla kernels of  kernel.org.

As mentioned in the makehelp, I have used defconfig but unable to get

desirable results. I have followed linuxscratch
<http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/chapter08/kernel.html>
with
which *make *

*defconfig* is taking about 20 to 30 minutes of time only for

compilation and result of that compilation the kernel  is also unable to

boot.  Please guide which configurations should I use to get my

kernel build fast and of minimum size.

This is my .config file:  http://fpaste.org/229718/

Seeking for guidance,

Thanks !!

*-- *

*Regards,Mayur S Patil,A research oriented program learner,Pune, India.*