Change proc/<pid>/cmdline to 8k

Navin P navinp1912 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 11:36:10 EDT 2015

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 1:34 PM, Greg KH <gregkh at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 04, 2015 at 01:11:48PM +0530, Navin P wrote:

>> > That shows you that this will not work, sorry.
>>
>> Can you please help me and guide me into achieving this ?
>
> Why do you want this?  What problem are you trying to solve that you
> have come to the conclusion that increasing the size of the command line
> is the solution?

I'm trying to learn things so that default cmd linux across all
distributions for ia64 and ppc which has PAGE_SIZE has 64k works . We
have this 3rd party application with deeply mounted dir that runs as a
testcase more than 5k chars . We can change it , i thought if that was
the problem ? So just trying to learn. I tried changing the PAGE_SHIFT
but that made the kernel non-bootable or stuck at booting.

This panics only when you access the pid with more than 4k chars.