Accessing Ram on PCI card

Greg KH gregkh at linuxfoundation.org
Thu Jun 4 02:10:02 EDT 2015

On Wed, Jun 03, 2015 at 08:27:20PM +0530, Robert Clove wrote:
> Hi I have a PCI based card which have few RAM on it.

You said that before :)

You didn't answer the question of "what kind of PCI card is this?"

> I have to copy the text file to RAM and read it too.

Who is telling you you "have to"?

> Actually i want my pci device to be exposed as block device and then mount file
> system on it.

Then use it as a block device.  Note, you need a special type of PCI
card to be able to do this, as well as a special kernel driver for that
PCI card to make it work properly.

But without any knowledge of what type of PCI card you have, it's a bit
hard to give you anymore help, sorry.

greg k-h