What can I do if I sent a wrong patch?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sun Jul 19 05:46:20 EDT 2015

On Sun, 19 Jul 2015, Navy wrote:

> Hello,

> A mistake was found after I sent the patch to mentors. What Can I do
> to make up the fault?

  first, if they're truly mentors, they should check the patch
themselves and catch the error. otherwise, they're not really doing
their job as "mentors."

  second, you need to self-examine what you failed to do properly to
have sent in a bad patch.

  i doubt you've done any real harm; the linux kernel has lots of
checking up the hierarchy so that a truly damaging patch is rarely
going to get into the source tree.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca