Intercepting memory mapped files

Kunal Baweja bawejakunal15 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 05:26:25 EST 2015

Hi,
I am currently working on implementing a simple encrypted file system using
a stackable file system WrapFS <http://wrapfs.filesystems.org/>. In order
to do so, as I read in the WrapFS mailing list
<http://www.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu/pipermail/wrapfs/2011-November/000058.html>
one needs to implement address space operations, which I have done and
posted on my github at this link
<https://github.com/bawejakunal/wrapfs-addresspace-operations/blob/master/mmap.c>
and it works fine. But now when I am trying to modify the data before being
written in wrapfs_lower() function I get a blank output in files written
out.
Please guide where am I going wrong in modifying the data to be written and
what could be the best way to decrypt it ?

Thanks

*Kunal Baweja*

Undergraduate B.E. (Hons.) Computer Science
Birla Institute Of Technology & Science, Pilani
K.K. Birla Goa Campus
+91 9049655665