New member

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Tue Jan 27 04:13:55 EST 2015

John de la Garza <john at jjdev.com> writes:
> On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 08:10:15PM +0000, Anuz Pratap Singh Tomar wrote:
>> On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 7:38 PM, srinivas bakki <srinivas.bakki at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Valdis,
>> >            You got to be polite with people.Not everybody is as smart as
>> > you, but they would like to contribute. Just keep in in mind that there's
>> > no future for linux without such people. You cannot keep bullying everybody
>> > like this.
>> >

>> Talking about polite, you are Top posting, how rude is that?
>
> I thought the post was very helpfull and not rude at all.  I guess we
> all perceive things differently.

This document is written for the Debian project, but I believe it's a
good guide to any open mailing list:
https://www.debian.org/code_of_conduct

I am pretty sure all participants in this thread are trying to help. But
I will ask you all to consider the "In case of problems" section of that
document before continuing this discussion.  In particular:

 "Assume good faith; it is more likely that participants are unaware of
  their bad behaviour than that they intentionally try to degrade the
  quality of the discussion."

In my experience, you will miss a lot if you disregard articles you find
"rude".  Direct and concise advice might sometimes come out harsher than
it was meant.  It doesn't make the advice any less worth. On the
contrary.

Thanks,
Bjørn