Ticketing spinlocks - How to get to the owner who locked the spinlock?

manty kuma mantykuma at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 00:57:21 EST 2015

Hi All,

Currently I am looking into an issue which is holding the printk
lock(logbuf_lock)

logbuf_lock = {
  raw_lock = {
    owner = 0,
    next = 4
  }
}

I read about ticketing spinlocks to understand the above output. I
understood that 4 cpu's are waiting for the lock while someone already has
it.

I would like to know who has it? Is there a way I can know which process is
acquiring a given spinlock? Is the information not stored in it?

I am using crash tool to analyse the dump

Regards,
Manty