Kernel 2.6.32.60 64bit Crash/Hung

Giridhara RP (grp) grp at cisco.com
Mon Jan 26 23:06:00 EST 2015

-----Original Message-----
From: Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu [mailto:Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 9:32 AM
To: Giridhara RP (grp)
Cc: Greg KH; kernelnewbies at kernelnewbies.org
Subject: Re: Kernel 2.6.32.60 64bit Crash/Hung

On Tue, 27 Jan 2015 03:52:05 +0000, "Giridhara RP (grp)" said:

> Thanks for the quick turnaround. Which is the stable version? Kernel
> 2.6.32.60 was used in RHEL 6.2 and we thought this kernel version is stable.

It's stable enough that RedHat can afford to keep supporting its paying customers.  You probably will be quite disillusioned if you download the .src.rpm for the kernel and start counting %patch lines in the .SPEC file.:)

Hi Valdis,
Which kernel version should I use to solve this crash/panic?

Thanks
Giri