PCIe bus enumeration

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Thu Jan 22 06:37:10 EST 2015

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 05:46:41PM +0900, J.Hwan Kim wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any method for assigning PCIe bus fixed?

Nope, sorry, the BIOS controls this.

> For example, my device pcie bus number is changed
> when another pcie device is inserted.
>
> I have a 4 same pcie device and i want to identify each device
> according to the pci bus number (according to pcie slot they are
> inserted into).

Then use the slot attribute, if your BIOS supports that.  If it doesn't,
then there's nothing you can do, pci ids can be randomly assigned, and
you should never make any assumptions based on them.  I had a bios that
would change the order every other boot, was great for testing things
like this out.

sorry,

greg k-h