catch exit status of daemon

Yash Jain yash2learn at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 04:10:36 EST 2015

wait and waitpid would not work because a Process A would wait for process
B(which is a parent of the daemon), process B immediately exits and process
A would be notified.
In my case, I want to query the status of process C(which is child of
process B) / grandchild of process A which is a child of init after process
B terminates,

                  fork                            fork
process A -------------> Process B --------------> Process C

Process A should query the status of process C

Once process C is daemon, Process C would be the the child of init.

Can we do something by making a process A to be a daemon (child of init),
because process A and process C are sibling, can siblings query the status
of each other.

IPC is not an option for me, because there are several service and process
A do not know how and what is the process C, it should just monitor so many
child process.

Regards,
Yash.