HID Custom Sensor driver in linux kernel

s.rawat imsaurabhrawat at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 06:18:44 EST 2015

thanks for the hint.A quick grep of hid-custom* or custom* inside
Documentation/hid as well as drivers/iio/ doesn't yields anything related
to hid custom sensor driver.Manual search inside the folders recursively
also give the same result.I did this for kernel 3.18.x and 3.19.x.I
inspired to find the implementation of hid-custom sensor by looking at a
code in google : https://github.com/pfps/yoga-laptop .My intention is to
use the hid-custom driver to retrieve the custom values inside the custom
sensor fields .I built the above module for custom sensor but got some
failure in inserting the custom sensor module - " dmesg log "failed to
setup attributes"" : so looking for an update driver for
hid-custom-sensor.I may be re-looking the same driver again if it doesnt
have an updated version.
Rgds,