Trivial patches and lots of maintainers

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Mon Dec 28 10:08:24 EST 2015

Hi,

When submitting trivial patches such as fixing typos in comments, should I always Cc all people suggested by get_maintainer.pl?

For example, I noticed a typo in comments in drivers/base/power/common.c for which get_maintainers.pl suggests 4 individuals plus 2 mailings lists (to which I think I should add the Trivial Patch Monkey). Intuitively, it feels wrong to personally spam 4 people for such a trivial thing. OTOH, maybe it's OK because those people are used to handle a very large volume of email anyway, and they prefer to have an opportunity to see everything, no matter how trivial.

What's the best usage here?

Thanks,
Manuel.