first patch

Jerry Snitselaar dev at snitselaar.org
Sun Dec 27 17:28:10 EST 2015

On Wed Dec 23 15, maoma king wrote:
> Dear
>   I have sent my first patch (https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/11/18/239) to
> linux-next tree.But I never received anything about it.So I sent it
> again. You say "Doesn't apply to my tree :(".but it can be apply to
> least linux-next branch .
> I make n new patch and send it.I receive
> review(https://www.mail-archive.com/linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org/msg1048115.html)
> .
> I want to know what's wrong with me?
> how do I know that my patch is accepted?

Greg said your patch doesn't apply to his staging-next branch (located
in the following repo):

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/staging.git/

If you look at the comedi.h file on the HEAD of that branch with git
blame you will see the following patch has already been applied that
fixes up the comments:

f904c4 | 2015-11-12 | Staging: comedi: Fixed multiple commenting and spacing codig style issues. (Daniel H. Hemmingsen)

snits