Figuring out the right patch receivers

Sinclair Yeh syeh at vmware.com
Wed Dec 2 12:27:10 EST 2015

Hi,

For the first time, I sent out a patch series that touched multiple
subsystems.

I used "get_maintainer.pl" to figure out who all the maintainers are
and decided to send the entire series to x86 at kernel.org" and Cc
"linux-kernel at vger.kernel.org"

I also Cc'ed individual patches to (what I thought were) the
appropriate maintainers.

One of the maintainers, GregKH, said I probably should have CC'ed him
on the entire series, but get_maintainer.pl listed him as a
"supporter" for only a subset of the patches.

Can someone tell me where I went wrong in my thought process so
I can get it right the next time?

thanks,

Sinclair

PS. Mentioning GregKH rather than "a maintainer" only because I know he
maintains kernel-stable so maybe he's got a more expanded role.  Since
the series was not for kernel-stable, I thought following get_maintainer.pl
is the right approach.