Another idea for a patch

Umair Khan omerjerk at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 12:39:27 EDT 2015

Hi KNB,

I finally realized that the idea of writing a kernel patch to make
brightness persistent across reboot was bad.

I thought of another thing which could be done.

In my laptop, there is a key called "Fn". Also, on some of the
function keys, there are small symbols for a particular operation.
Those keys coupled with the Fn key perform that particular operation.
Now, Fn coupled with F6 key should disable the trackpad. But, it
doesn't do so. It does disable trackpad in Windows though.

Do you think this could be a suitable patch ?
If yes, from where should I start ?

On a separate note, I'm 1/3rd way across ldd3.

Umair
Delhi, India