Planning to write a patch

Kenneth Adam Miller kennethadammiller at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 14:30:28 EDT 2015

Well, to do that you would have to read the specifications of the
particular hardware. In which case the driver becomes specialized to it-not
useful for anything but your own monitor. But if your monitor provides that
support, then I guess when the ioctl receives a requested change in
brightness you could use that facility of the monitor to retain the setting.