Problem with line discipline in new kernels

Ruth Glushkin rutigl at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 03:14:20 EDT 2015

On Thu, 22 Aug 2015 00:21:00 -0000, Valdis Kletnieks said:

> Sounds like a reference counting problem.

As far as I know, reference counter for line discipline sets to 0 in
tty_register_ldisc(),

increases to 1 in get_ldops() and decreases to 1 in put_ldops().

In tty_unregister_ldisc() it checks this value and if the reference
counter > 0, it returns error -EBUSY

And please advice how could I transfer data between kernel and user
space not using filp_open() and filp_close().