[Off-topic] SCM using git

amit mehta gmate.amit at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 18:09:37 EDT 2015

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 6:57 AM, Chetan Nanda <chetannanda at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. Better to have a proper review process in place, gerrit is one of the
> best tools I have used so far for reviewing,
> 2. Keep a master branch always compilable (run able) and merge rights should
> be only to integrator.
> once a feature is developed (on a feature branch) and ready to get into
> master, create a new commit for master branch for merging (of course after
> validating against the new head)

Thank you so much for your advice. I had reviewboard [1] in mind for code
review, going forward, but I'm not sure, how easy or difficult it is
to integrate
reviewboard with bitbucket. I did a quick web search about integrating
bitbucket with gerrit (the one you have mentioned) and found cloudpipes [2]
which is currently in beta phase. I've sent my request to join them, however
It seems there is a long queue (40K+ people on the waiting list!!!)

[1] https://www.reviewboard.org/
[2] https://www.cloudpipes.com/

- Amit