Achieve multi-threading in MIPS assembly

Chaturvedi, Akash axc144430 at utdallas.edu
Mon Apr 20 21:05:19 EDT 2015

Greetings All,

I am writing MIPS assembly code for a 'Word guessing game'. I want to play a background music in the game at the time user plays. I am using MARS emulator for running and testing my code.

As I need to do two task at the same time (game instructions and play music). Can someone please help me in achieving multi-threading using MIPS instructions (Like pthread_create in C). Or if there another way I can do two task simultaneously in MIPS assembly.

Thanks,
Akash
UT Dallas