Kernel thread scheduling

Silvan Jegen me at sillymon.ch
Thu Apr 16 15:43:04 EDT 2015

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 02:42:07PM -0400, Ruben Safir wrote:
> On 04/16/2015 02:32 PM, John de la Garza wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 10:56:46AM -0400, Ruben Safir wrote:
> >> I'm trying to find rb_node's structure and I can't find it with ctags or
> >> in the http://lxr.linux.no website.
> >>

> >> How do you search these things out?
> >

> That is truly beautiful.  Is that documented anywhere in plain english?

If you mean the tag search functionality, yes. See below.

> > I run:
> > 	make ctags

Documentation for this you can find by running "make help" at the root
of the Kernel source tree.

> > run vim
> >
> > type:
> > 	:ts rb_node

This functionality is documented in Vim itself. To access the relevant
documentation just run

:help tags

There is also the "cscope" program that can give you information about
which functions call and are being called by which other functions. It
has its own man page.

Cheers,

Silvan