Heap Management Problem

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Wed Apr 15 02:25:49 EDT 2015

On Wed, 15 Apr 2015 12:28:06 +0800, 慕冬亮 said:

> Can you give a detail of what you want to prove?
> I am not familiar with heap management , so I ask for the details!

As I said - heap management is usually mostly done in userspace.  The way the
standard glibc malloc() call does things is almost certainly different from the
way other C libraries such as uClibc or klibc or dietlibc do it.  Then there's
a number of debugging malloc() packages, and so on.

The only way the kernel gets involved is when the userspace malloc() library
decides to call brk(), sbrk(), or mmap().