Git create patch series for multipe commits.

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Fri Sep 26 14:18:41 EDT 2014

On Fri, 26 Sep 2014 10:35:57 -0700, Anand Moon said:

> One more question, if the change belong to single file
> and we are fixing multiple issue we need to different commit
> for each changes. And then club them into patch series.

Each patch should do exactly one thing. So if you find 3 different issues that
need fixing in foo.c, that should result in 3 commits and 3 patches.  Those 3
may or may not be related enough to require a patch series (where all the
patches should be related).  However, there's a special case where the commits
are close enough together to cause conflicts and/or bisection issues if applied
in the wrong order.  Those should be in a series so they get applied in order
and avoid the conflict/bisection issue.

Hope that helps...