Removed from eudyptula challenge

Jeshwanth Kumar N K jeshkumar555 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 12:07:42 EDT 2014

Hi,

I just shared this info with kernelnewbies who taken eudyptula challenge
not to ask anything in public :). May be learning for others :).

May be I loved too much this challenge, today the phrase "You removed from
challenge" was always flashing in my mind, thats made me really sad.

Thanks little for everything (I can't reach him directly), you made my
dream come true "Sending first patch to linux kernel". Hope I will continue
learning and contribute to the community whenever I am capable of :).

Thanks

On Sat, Sep 20, 2014 at 3:25 PM, Martin Kepplinger <martink at posteo.de>
wrote:

> Am 2014-09-19 21:05, schrieb Jeshwanth Kumar N K:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Today I was asking some suggestions in IRC for my eudyptula challenge
> > (indirectly, because working for it for 1 month). So I am removed from
> > the challenge now.
> >
> > So, who all doing the challenge please do everything yourself by reading
> > the docs, kernel codes or ask little directly. Because, you will feel
> > really bad after removing from challenge, anyway my mistake, I shouldn't
> > have break the integrity.
> >
> > And my mistake was I thought I am smart in asking questions and nobody
> > will get doubt :). So don't do that :).
> >

> I'm stuck at a task now for _months_ (but because of no time for it) and
> really hope the challenge, little, to continue. That's because patience
> has been key for previous tasks, and I love to not-fear that the
> challenge may go away. Have patience and take time to enjoy every task!
>
> It's insanely awesome of him / the people to run the callenge and it
> sucks that they, now, need to go after people who don't follow the
> rules. Nobody is forced to take the challenge.
>
> The challenge is for _free_ (!) and you can _really_ get a lot out of
> it, if you simply follow the rules and respect what you have in front of
> you, like a normal grown-up. That's what I think when I read about
> people trying to ask and cheat anytime, not you in particular.
>
> Depending on how far you have come, I'm sorry you can't continue. Don't
> try to trick anybody. _If_ this was a one-time-thing you regret and you
> honestly and quietly want to continue, maybe, ask one last time, give
> reasons. Starting over "anonymously" somehow wouldnt really make you
> happy, be honest. And little would find out anyways.
>
> I know I would hate to be removed, that's motivation enough to stick to
> my kerneltree and search basic stuff ;)
>
> I hope little has fun and finds ways to reduce his own challenge-related
> workload while being able to keep the challenge alive.
>
> thanks,
>                                   martin

Regards
Jeshwanth Kumar N K