linux master cannot compile successfully

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Sep 18 12:42:07 EDT 2014

On Thu, 18 Sep 2014 22:19:40 +0800, Kinka Huang said:

> In file included from drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/core/core/client.c:29:0:
> drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/core/include/nvif/unpack.h:1:1: error: expected
> identifier or ‘(’ before ‘.’ token
>   ../../../nvif/unpack.h

Your tree is somehow corrupted.  The first few lines of my copy of unpack.h
look like this:

#ifndef __NVIF_UNPACK_H__
#define __NVIF_UNPACK_H__

#define nvif_unvers(d) ({
and 'git log drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/core/include/nvif/unpack.h' reports
it's never been touched since initial creation:

commit 79ca27706a034b683196c85f5c6901b78e5ab8f0
Author: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs at redhat.com>
Date:   Sun Aug 10 04:10:20 2014 +1000

    drm/nouveau/core: rework event interface

Not sure what happened to it - if you're doing this on a laptop, one
possibility is the lack of ECC memory causing a single-bit error in a
pointer, causing wrong blocks to have been written to the disk.  Other
hardware or software errors are also still on the table.