A quick guide to why stand-alone checkpatch patches suck...

Sudip Mukherjee sudipm.mukherjee at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 07:51:45 EDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 5:08 PM, nick <xerofoify at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 14-09-17 07:20 AM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
<snip>
>>   anyway, it's time for coffee.
>>
>> rday
>>
> Rday and others,
> That's not what I wanted I was trying to improve my rep after getting banned from vger.org and now it seems
> I can't even get a patch right. In addition I was trying to do check patch because  it was easier for me
> due to not understanding some parts of the code.
> Nick

try to understand the code first. if you do not understand the code
how do you know that your patch will not break any part of the logic .
ok , by adding blank lines you will not break the logic.
but yesterday in your other patch you removed an error message . may i
ask why did you think that error message is not required ?

thanks
sudip