Issues with Community

Hugo Mills hugo at carfax.org.uk
Wed Sep 17 06:00:03 EDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 07:22:15PM -0400, nick wrote:
> After numerous tries at good patches and still failing , I am
> listening to what you guys stated about my patches check it applies,
> grammar and build checks. I am still unable to get a good patch and
> would really appreciate it if someone walks me through one good
> patch as I will learn this will a tutor and the tutor can help be my
> router to the community for now in order to start helping me learn
> how to be involved correctly and follow the community rules. I am
> willing to work on my patches if someone is willing to do this for
> me and help me improve my taste in the communities mouth.

   Pretty much everybody who's written you an email from these mailing
lists in the last two months has been trying to help you in this way.
You've consistently ignored (or at least not followed) the advice,
which makes the people who gave it feel like it's not worth the
effort. Therefore, as it stands, anyone considering helping you will
probably think it's a complete waste of time.

   Phrases such as you've used to date: "I must check things more
carefully", "I'm willing to work on my patches", "I will learn this"
are no longer good enough: You've used wording like this before, and
failed to show that you've learned anything as a result.

   So, unless you can explain in detail *why* you ignored all the
previous advice, *and* you can explain in detail *how* you are modifying
your behaviour and working practices so that you can learn from future
advice, nobody is likely to want to help you.

your thoughts and explanations on a point-by-point basis. A single
three-line response at the end of the mail is not sufficient. If you
can't engage with that mail in detail, follow the advice I gave and
seek formal assistance for your learning difficulties.

   Hugo.

--
=== Hugo Mills: hugo at ... carfax.org.uk | darksatanic.net | lug.org.uk ===
  PGP key: 65E74AC0 from wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net or http://www.carfax.org.uk