Checkpatch Patches

Sudip Mukherjee sudipm.mukherjee at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 12:57:26 EDT 2014

On 9/16/14, Nick Krause <xerofoify at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 10:19 AM,  <Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu> wrote:
>> On Tue, 16 Sep 2014 08:44:27 -0400, nick said:
>>
>>> I am attaching two check patch patches I wrote in the last few days as I
>>> am unable to get a reply
>>> from the maintainers. Would someone please send them off for me.
>>
>> "I am attaching".  Fail 3 words in.
>>
>> That's why you aren't getting a reply from the maintainers. They don't
>> bother
>> reading patches they know will probably *never* be correct.
>>
>> And yes, at least one of the two patches is incorrect.

>> You don't make it right by posting more wrong patches. Now do us
>> all a favor and *stop* being either an idiot, or a troll, or whatever
>> your problem is.  We have *zero* desire to see *any* more patches from
>> somebody who is either unable or unwilling to post a *single* correct
>> patch after *two months* of trying.
>>
>> So please do us a favor and go piss off some other open source project.
>>
>> THE KERNEL DOES NOT WANT YOUR BULLSHIT.
>>

> I am going to attach it again and I understand Valdis. I am going to
> talk to Sudip about reading and checking
> my patches first.
> Nick

plzzz .. NO ...
today i checked your patches just to take a break from what i was doing..
and besides , i am also a newbie , i also make mistakes when
submitting patches, but i try to learn from my mistakes and see to it
that they are never repeated.
apart from the numerous advises you got from the LKML , i think just
yesterday Robert P. J. Day has pointed out something, day before
yesterday Valdis , before that ( sorry i lost track)  ... and you have
not cared to listen to any of that ..