Checkpatch Patches

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue Sep 16 12:08:32 EDT 2014

On Tue, 16 Sep 2014 11:57:35 -0400, Lidza Louina said:

> Use this guide: http://kernelnewbies.org/OPWfirstpatch
>
> It's a tutorial that shows you how to setup and send patches.

Don't bother.

He's been pointed at that at least once a week for the past two months,
and everybody from me to Greg KH to Ted T'so and at least a half dozen other
experienced kernel people have told him *repeatedly* what to do and not do,
and he has *yet* to post a correct patch - and he keeps making the same
mistakes that he was told not to.  For instance, I didn't even *bother*
looking at his last two patches, because they were attachments, even *after*
Robert PJ Day told him *yesterday* to not do that.