Checkpatch Patches

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue Sep 16 10:19:41 EDT 2014

On Tue, 16 Sep 2014 08:44:27 -0400, nick said:

> I am attaching two check patch patches I wrote in the last few days as I am unable to get a reply
> from the maintainers. Would someone please send them off for me.

"I am attaching".  Fail 3 words in.

That's why you aren't getting a reply from the maintainers. They don't bother
reading patches they know will probably *never* be correct.

And yes, at least one of the two patches is incorrect.

>> Thanks for the Help, I really do appreciate it and I do understand how much I have screwed up. My concern now is
>> now to make it right.

You don't make it right by posting more wrong patches. Now do us
all a favor and *stop* being either an idiot, or a troll, or whatever
your problem is.  We have *zero* desire to see *any* more patches from
somebody who is either unable or unwilling to post a *single* correct
patch after *two months* of trying.

So please do us a favor and go piss off some other open source project.

THE KERNEL DOES NOT WANT YOUR BULLSHIT.