x86_64_defconfig and i386_defconfig: What is the difference?

Rajat Jain rajatjain at juniper.net
Fri Sep 12 23:44:43 EDT 2014

Thanks,

One more question. Can I continue to use my same 64bit compiler when compiling images for both?

In the other words, Are both of these ok?

Make CROSS_COMPILE=my-compiler-path- i386_defconfig
Make CROSS_COMPILE=my-compiler-path- all

Make CROSS_COMPILE=my-compiler-path- x86_64_defconfig
Make CROSS_COMPILE=my-compiler-path- all

Where my-compiler-path is the gcc compiler that I use to generate 64 bit code.

Thanks,

Rajat