Package Installation Error

Niamathullah sharief newbiesha at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 23:50:42 EDT 2014

Dear Friends

When Compilaing kernel.I am getting these result in "make menuconfig"

 Code:

 *** Unable to find the ncurses libraries or the
 *** required header files.
 *** 'make menuconfig' requires the ncurses libraries.
 ***
 *** Install ncurses (ncurses-devel) and try again.
 ***
make[1]: *** [scripts/kconfig/dochecklxdialog] Error 1
make: *** [menuconfig] Error 2

 but when i try to install ncurses i am getting as ncurses is already new
one.
 Code:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
libncurses5 is already the newest version.

 Kindly help me...I am having this error for long time.