I remove the audit and selinux from kernel and start the new kernel in Centos, but i can't bring up the network device, Why?

Peter Teoh htmldeveloper at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 23:07:50 EDT 2014

Hi Sizel,

just some possibly pertinent question:

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 2:36 PM, <Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu> wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Oct 2014 13:04:08 +0800, sizel said:
> > I remove the audit and selinux from kernel and start the new kernel  in
> > Centos, but i can't bring up the network device, Why?
>
> "remove"...how do u do it?  recompile kernel CONFIG with SELINUX=n and
AUDIT=n?   or u just followed standard procedures (like below):

http://www.crypt.gen.nz/selinux/disable_selinux.html
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/an-introduction-to-selinux-on-centos-7-part-1-basic-concepts

just like this case:

https://www.centos.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30942

I suspect it is just the improper way of configuring/disabling your SELINUX
that you got the errors....try again.....

> This would be a lot easier to answer if you gave us some actual details:
>
> 1) Why did you think audit and selinux were the problem? (They probably
> aren't).
> 2) What *exactly is "the network device"? A wireless card? 1G ethernet?
> 10G Ethernet?
> INfiniband? Something else?
> 3) What configuration are you trying to set up?
> 4) What error message, if any, do you get?
> 5) Have you ruled out the easy stuff, like trying to start an Ethernet
> port with a missing/bad cable?
> 6) Why do you think it's a kernel problem and not a userspace problem?

Regards,
Peter Teoh